It has been a long time since the last version, but an update (0.11.4) is on Google Play. The wider period between releases is just because we started to do alpha releases. This way the updates are bigger, but more stable. So let's see what is new!
Its a big update, so what I think is most meaningful is in bold. The new version has the following updates ( v0.11.4 over v0.9.1):
- Compatible with ArduRover
- Dynamicaly allocated on-screen joysticks
- Preferences for the RC screen (Mode1/Mode2, Inverted Channel, QuickButtons)
- Improving the Chart Screen
- Chinese Translation
- Changing the start screen back to Flight Data
- New Chart screen
- HUD code clean-up
- Activity's clean-up
- All markers are using the markerManager
- Colorful markers in the planning screen
- Improved Record-Me mode (with a bug fix)
- Now all the data on a Mission item is used
- Better handling of the markers on GCP and Planning screens
- Better swipe implementation on RC screen
- Bug fix on the RC screen
- Code Re-factoring
- Fix in Offline maps
- New RC screen in portrait mode
- More advanced waypoint editor
- Fix problem in the build process
- Big code refactoring
- Nicer RC screen
- French Translation
- Updating to the new Google Maps API
- Orientation lock when connected
Compatible with ArduRover
Support for ArduRover has been included. It show a nice icon and all the ArduRover modes. ( Thanks Tridge for helping me to setup the SILT simulator).
Dynamically allocated on-screen joysticks
This one is the result of a discussion on the dev-forum of diydrones about the On-screen joysticks. Now the joysticks are positioned under your finger when you press on the screen, the blue circle shows when the RC control will be saturated. This makes it easier to fly with the RC screen without having to think too much where your fingers are. Feedback on this feature is very important since this is something that can be change a lot between users.
Thanks John Wiseman for the link you pushed to the dev-forum.
Preferences for the RC screen (Mode1/Mode2, Inverted Channel, QuickButtons)
This one is just a complement for people that like to fly in Mode1 RC controllers, or for anyone who wants to invert the joysticks direction. As you can see in the picture above also quick flight mode buttons have been added to the RC screen, they are also configurable via the settings menu.
New Chart screen
A screen where you can plot some variables of your autopilot.
Better swipe implementation on RC screen
Just switch your device to portrait orientation in the RC screen. What you will get is a screen where you can use the RC sticks on the lower bottom, and have a HUD/map on the top. To switch between map and HUD just swipe the screen on the top, note that when you are on the map you have to swipe from the corner (it is this way so you can still do your normal gestures in the map, like panning, rotating and zooming).
More advanced waypoint editor
There has been an improvement in the planning screen. Now we have a new waypoint editor, it support other types of waypoints (although we haven't figured a good way to add the parameters in the UI, feel free to help). We hope to improve this a lot so it's very easy to create missions when you are in the field.