AMP2 –T-Rex 450 Pro

Finely I got the AMP2, a separate GPS and the 915 MHz Radio telemetry kit.

Cost me over $100 on top for custom and GST (in New Zealand $400 limit) bugger :-(  be aware!

3690936803?profile=original3690936861?profile=original

But anyway the stuff looks great, I made little trays of Plexiglas for it to protect from the rough environment.  I’m able to attach the telemetry ground module via Hook and Loop Tape to the back of the screen.

3690936797?profile=original

I wired 5V to the AMP2, connected the GPS and the air telemetry module and run the AMP Mission Planer ... everything works great so far :-)

3690936816?profile=original

Now it’s time to gut the T-Rex 450 Pro of its wiring with Helicommand Rigid to wire up the new exiting AMP2.

I’ll keep you posted on my progress and experience.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Looking good!

I also really like the little grey box you put the APM2 in.  I worry a little bit that you won't have enough space inside to allow sufficient vibration dampening but I guess you'll find out, it also depends on how you mount the box I guess!

Will you mount the APM2 on the landing gear or behind the main shaft?

• Good to see another APM based heli on the way. I have a new Trex 500e kit which is waiting for conversion soon. I noticed the small clear cases you are using for the Telemetry modules. Did you make those or adapt fom something else? Looks a neat solution. All the best with your project.
This reply was deleted.

Activity