Arducopter thrust problem

Hi

I just received a octa copter bought from DIY Drones.

i am using Futaba 8TFG and 4000mAh 20c battery.

plugged the board to APM, get the connection and setup.

but there seems not to be enough rpm on the motors.

it just does not lift?!

also when I charge the battery, the charges shows 12v buton the mission planner it shows 7.9V and 25A.

it is obvious that I am new to this, so would appreciate your help, i am dying to get this beauty off the ground.

regards,

Shahram

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ash
    Let me know if you have found a solution, two weeks now, eager to fly but have not found the solution yet!
  • All ESCs calibrated, props in the right direction, calibrated radio inside MP,.........
    Still no luck!
    In order to isolate the problem, i disconnected one of the motors from APM and connected it directly to the throttle channel of my receiver, moved the throttle up and wow, it went to full thrust and the single motor lifted one side of the hexacopter!
    So it seems battery and ESC is ok, only it the proper signal is not getting generated by the APM
  • One thing that got me perplexed for a few moments when I assembled my Hex was it just wasn't lifting even at full throttle

Then i realised i got the props in the wrong order.  The CLOCKWISE prop normally has an R on it if thats any help.

Full directions here:

http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/APM2_Motor_order

• Have a few questions.

Is your battery a 2 cell or 3 cell? 7.9v is proper voltage for a 2 cell while 12 would be a 3 cell. Curious with 8 motors I wonder if your battery it strong enough for all of them.

Did you calibrate your radio inside MP? May not be getting full throttle.
  • Hi!

Welcome to your new hobby!! I don't know your specific kit but in general you have to do some first time calibration (ESC,Transmitter, Ampere/Voltagemonitoring,Magnetometer, Accelerometer etc)  and learning in your Transmitter. Don't forget to set up your Radio/APM combo for a proper failsave action - you never know. This is setup is described in the wiki. Some things there are outdated, but in general reading the manual of your Radio and the APM-wiki will pay off and save you from great trouble (broken copter, cut fingers, fly-aways etc)! It is too much to put in one post.

So long

Kraut Rob (aka Crashpilot)

This reply was deleted.

Activity