Drone telemetry on 915mhz in the US

A few of our RC club members are mentoring three AMA UAS4STEM challenge drone teams in Georgia. My question is about telemetry.  It seems that only one QUAD can be operating at a time since a 3 drones use 915MHz telemetry.  Is there any way to encode or transmit on sub channels so all three drones can be flying at the same time?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Admin

@John,

The 3DR 915MHz telemetry radios can be given different ids, but both the aircraft telemetry radio and the ground station radio must have the same ids to be able to talk to each other.

Here is the Wiki link that explains how to setup the telemetry radios.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• I may have found it in a document called (SiK Radio — Advanced Configuration) by using AT commands.  This takes me back to my old data communication troubleshooting days.  

• Tom, I got into the settings and everything seemed to work fine but now I cannot connect to the Quad with Mavlink.  I keep getting a timeout.  I clicked on the box at the bottom of the screen to copy the settings over to the local side and did a save settings.  I don't think the USB stick receiver/transmitter is being updated. I have looked all over Windows trying to find a place to set the net ID on the device.  Can't find it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

• Admin

@John,

Like you, I have had issues copying the settings over to the remote radio by the telemetry link.

I found that attaching the remote radio to the PC running MP and updating the telemetry settings directly worked for me.

Regards,

Tom C AVD

• Thank you!  This is so easy if you know what you are doing!  I figured I could get an answer to my question on this site!  

This reply was deleted.

Activity