ESC Calibration not 'saving'

Hi all, 

Firstly I've made a lot of posts over the last few days on varying issues, so I'm sorry if I'm 'spamming' up the forum in any way, just having a few issues getting off the ground and looking to draw on this excellent community for advice. 

My issue is with ESC calibration. I have Mystery 30A ESC's, and I complete auto calibration successfully (two beeps with throttle up, put throttle down a further two confirmation beeps). On applying throttle all 4 motors spin up simultaneously, and as far as I can tell at the same speed. 

When I disconnect the battery and try again later, the following happens. The ESC's arm after 20-30 seconds with two confirmation beeps. This is all apart from motor 4 which does not appear to arm at all. When applying throttle three of the motors spin up, no response at all from motor #4. If I go through auto calibration again motor #4 will calibration successfully and once more for the duration that the LiPo is connected they will work in unison. Disconnection / reconnection recreates the problem. 

I've switched the motors around and it seems to always be output pin #4 not arming, independent of the ESC's or motors attached to it. 

Any ideas? Or am I forever going to have to complete ESC calibration every time I turn it on? 

Cheers. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Any Updates on this ? I am also having the same issue.

• I had the same problem while building a Parallax Elev-8. The supplied ESC's were pre-programmed, but one would not retain it's programming - I found out how to program it, and like you it worked until I removed power. Parallax sent me a replacement, so I simply assumed that it was defective.

• Hi guys, i got problems with the ESC, they are not saving the calibration after exit the Calib. mode. When they are inside the Calib. Mode they take perfectly the calibration and the motors run great, but when exit the mode and arm the APM they just runs like nothing happend. (Not Calibrated) I allready calibrate the 6 ESC independently and all at once, with APM and without APM My question is: is the APM capable to create this problems or is something else?
  • Hello all,
    I got the same issue as you alejandro, had you fix this problem? Can you explain it please, thanks
  • Hi I have the same problem Mystery 30A ESC's ...

You Might explain "load up the firmware ArduCopter" Bootload firmware?

System works without problem, arm and disarm perfectly.

Safety Switch OK.

Calibration OK, ENGINES TURN.

Connect and disconnect battery and ESC sounds uncalibrated, not save settings.

/ / / / / / / Can not save the ESC Mystery Calibration and PX4FMUIO / / / /

Some help ...

IMG_20140106_141225.jpg

ASTK0002.JPG

• No sorry don't have access to an CRO. 

Good news and bad news 

Good news - I solved the issue 

Bad news - I have to delete my account out of embarassment

Protip - Do not load up the ArduCopter firmware (multiple times). Especially when you have a Quad. 

I'm so sorry I took up people's time with such a dumb problem. 

• seem to have run out of replies ??

do you have access to a CRO oscilloscope ?

• Doing further researched it appeared that this describes the problem I'm having fairly well, however I don't have any spare ESC's to plug in. Also this is happening on APM1 not 2. 

Any ideas? (Link http://www.diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/apm2-esc-startup-problem-an...)

This reply was deleted.

Activity