Lost radio control ... impact on ardu

If for some reason radio transmission is disrupted and never re-established, what is the impact on the arducopter (arducopter not in GPS nor Altitude hold running either on arducopterNG or the ardupiratesNG code) ... I mean will the copter drops from the sky immediately or it will continue to fly until it runs out of battery, etc., etc.

Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey fellas, I'm a noob, and therefore I just don't get it. How would the failsafe work if it's programmed into the Tx? Surely it's gotta be programmed into the APM? If the TX is out of range, I just don't understand how it can save your AC from dropping out of the sky, like mine tries to do! Speak slowly, in prain engrish, I'd really appreciate your feedback :)

You can programme the fail safe in the setting. Just programme you throttle to maybe 15-20 % or what needed to make the copter drop slowly.

You will find the fail safe programming very easy in the menu.

Regards

• What type of radio?

R/C gear (most 2.4GHz and many on other bands) have failsafes that can be set to what you want on signal loss. If you don't have failsafe then I would expect a rapid crash on signal loss.  

Peter

This reply was deleted.

Activity