Hello, I've got a problem with APM and Raptor 50 heli

I trying to set up APM on Raptor 50 with Glow engine. I connect my JR RC control to APM next variant:

RC                             APM

rx                           in      out 

1 trotle(pitch) ---->     3        3      

2  ailer          ---->     1        1

3 elevator      ---->     2        2

4 rudder        ---->     4        4

my transmitter sets up in "airoplane mode"

The essence of the problem: I don't understand how set up the swash plate. On helicopter installed 90 degrees swash plate  I tried different variants of degrees setup. For example:

servo1  90      (aileron??)

servo2  0       (elevator??)

servo3  180    (pitch??) 

ailerons works normal, but elevator and pitch mix some strange.  

please help me....

p.s. Sorry for bad English

Views: 2424

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The length of the name doesn't matter.  I believe that type of thing is stripped out when it's compiled.

I did some more looking around, and I'm quite sure that H1 is the proper term.  Heli guys know exactly what it means and that is what the other flight controllers are using.

It a moot now,

JLN has published a excellent experimental H1 Raptor 50 version ArduCopter v2.4xp2 (JLN mod) today see latest post. I am working with this version now.

Heli can autoland in sim!

Has he got the H1 part figured out?  I thought that HIL for Heli was sending discrete pitch/roll/throttle already to AeroSIM.  I'll have to have a look.

Yeah, I can't see any changes in heli.pde, but there is a heli_h1.pde.  I don't think it's complete enough to fly a real heli yet, but I'm not sure yet.

He has done basically the same I did, creating another frame type #defined called "Heli_H1".  

I'll try to work with what he's done an put it into a format that can be merged into the trunk.

Hi Robert,

I have an H4 swashplate, I can not use APM for my helicopter?

Alberto

Hah!  I knew this would happen! :)

No, you cannot yet, but I can probably do it.

Can you give me as many details about your system as possible?  Should be easy, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Hi Robert,

the system and consists of 4 actuators. The layout is 90 degrees on the oppositeswashplate. I attach a drawing.

Ok Alberto, one of the first questions is which servo channel do you think you would like to use output from the APM?  Currently the channel assignment is thus:

Ch1-3: Swash servos

Ch4: Rudder

Ch5: Camera pitch

Ch6: Camera roll

Ch7: External Gyro Gain

Ch8: ESC Control

Would you like to give up one of those channels, or would you prefer to leave them and use Ch 10 or 11, which would mean the signal actually comes from a pin and would require a bit of soldering to hook it up.  Obviously this is less convenient, but if I try to use one of the other channels that are already assigned, that also causes headaches in the code.

Hi Robert,

my radiotransmitter has this sequence of parameters for channels when sets the H4 plate form this set:Ch1 Elevator Ch3 Throttle Ch4 Rudder Ch5 Gyro Ch6 pass Ch7 Elevator2.Free from Ch8 and Ch11.

Also the radio mix the main controls of the plate to realize the variation of angolation of blades.

I'm a beginner and I wish I was clear,thank for your interest to my problem

Alberto

You will not be using the H4 radio mix in the radio.  You will in fact use it in H1 or Airplane mode.  The APM does the CCPM mixing within the Arducopter code.

The channel usage of your radio is actually not relevant to the problem.

So the question is, where to get the output for the 4th servo?  The easy way is one of the Ch5-8, but that would mean giving up a function.  The slightly harder way is to use Ch10 or 11, but that will require a bit of fiddling because these are only available on a pin, so connecting a servo can be a bit tricky.

If it were up to me, I would choose to give up external gyro gain, since I don't see much point to the external gyro.

Just for anybody who's working on this, I've got a remote clone going here:

https://code.google.com/r/robertlefebvre-wip/

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service