s900 and Pixhawk

How do I tell my pixhawk that it's driving a hexacopter? in the frame type in mission planner you can spcify an x but there's no hex listed under default params.

http://i.imgur.com/KHWKQAL.png

Is ther a different firmware for hexacopters?

when i start up it all looks good except two of the motors keep beeping even after I press the button and It won't arm or even tell me why. I'm assuming the pixhawk just isnt talking to two of the motors.

Also, I have a 12c expansion board. Are these things any good? it seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Mike,

I made some progress. Everything looks good now - all motors stop beeping when the button is pressed, getting green gps LED, compass, radio and accelerometer calibrated, but when I try to arm it says "error: command rejected by MAV" and it wont arm using the radio or mobile phone app.

I've googled the error message, but havent found an answer yet. any ideas?

Thanks,

• Good news.

Well that is a new error message for me. My thought is that memory got corrupted previously. It is a good idea to completely clear memory each time you load new firmware. The best way to do this is to load older firmware 3.1.5 which allows you to go into terminal mode and at the command line type setup, then erase, then reset. Reboot and then go ahead and install the new firmware you were wanting to use. This makes sure there is no bad data anywhere.

Good Luck

• Thanks again - it's arming now.

I couldn't find the firmware to downgrade to 3.15. Anytime I changed the firmware I got a missing "certificate of authenticity" message - I thought that might be related to the mav error, but I tested it on a quad, and it armed fine.

I haven't tuned the battery monitor ( i am using a 6s 22000 with a 180a) but the battery monitor was disabled, so I didn't think it could be that, but in pre-arm check I entered "skip voltage", and now it arms.

Now to see if it will hover!

• When you load the firmware, on the initial setup page. You choose the frame type there.

• Just to be clear, do I have to update or reinstall the firmware to set it to hexacopter?

Is there a specific hexacopter setting or does the X frame type cover all?

• The frmware for tri, quad and hex is different. But not for frame orientation. A hex uses hex software regardless if you orient it as a plus or an x. You choose which one you want on the initial setup page. It then downloads and installs the firmware on your fc.

The frame type selects orientation. Easier to think about with a quad. If the quad it oriented like an X it is an X frame. If you were to rotate the quad so it looks like a "plus", pointing forward that is, then it is a plus frame.

IF you choose the wrong firmware then things don't work right.

Plus frames on the top of the picture, X oriented frames on the bottom row.

Cheers3702702270?profile=original

This is the Intial Firmware install page with options for quad, hex tri etc.

3702702327?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity