Tarot 650 Sport crashing

Hi guys,

My first ever post on diydrones.com, and it had to be regarding a drone crash :-(

I'm pretty new to drone scene, and have just finished building a Tarot 650 Sport.

Its got extended arms, 1755 props on emax mt3510 engines, emax 40amp esc and APM 2.6/2.8

3691246596?profile=original

Its been in the air a handfull of times, and flies pretty good. Loiter and RTL is working, and it feels pretty stable. I have not done any tuning on the FC yet. The plan was to do this the day i crashed.

So, I was flying around, trying out RTL making sure it actually works as expected, which is does. The quad is taken down and landed by the FC, all ok. I took of and landed i couple of times, and the last trip i took off, flew it alittle away, and stopped to hover. Suddenly the quad starts pitching from side to side ( not sure if it was front/back or side to side ( it happened so fast ), the oscillations got bigger and bigger and at the same time it fell out of the sky. I tried giving throttle but nothing worked it felt. As a last desperate move i switched the RTL, but it did'nt do anything. The drone fell from about 10-15 meters and into a ditch with dirt and rocks.

Damage is contained to the left front engine mount, and the boom/arm plastic mount mounting the arm to the copter. So all in all, pretty lucky with damage.

I've been trying to figure out the logs from this flight, trying to understand what happend. Did i mess up with depleting the battery, was it vortex rings ? I dont know. When lookin at log analyser its apparent that something happend at the end there.

3691246855?profile=original

So, i'm turning to the experts, hoping there is someone in here who has an idea what went wrong.

I'm uploading the logfiles, in addition they have been shared on droneshare, that can be found here : 

http://www.droneshare.com/mission/150050

Any help, ideas or pointers is highly appreciated, as the quad will not be flying again before i understand what caused this.

2015-09-27 10-55-10.log

2015-09-27 10-55-10.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Activity