I successfully loaded Arduplane HIL 2.5 onto my APM1 1280 using the latest version of mission planner.
I then managed to set up and connect it to X-Planes 9 and was able to fly some waypoint missions, and was very pleased with the performance.
I upgraded to the latest version of Arduplane HIL 2.6 but it will not now work, whenever I start the sim link on the simmulation configuration page of mission planner the RC radio link freezes and there is no communication from the RC to the mission planner. If I disconnect the sim link the RC link returns to normal and there is full radio communication with the radio set up planner.
So my question is how can I load the previous 2.5 HIL version of Arduplane firmware, as the mission planner has updated and only shows the current version i.e Arduplane HIL 2.6..
I've tried using older versions of the mission planner, but they are all automatically updated to show the latest version of the firmware.
All old versions are in the downloads section.
I've looked there, maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the HIL versions there.
There is no such thing as an HIL version of the source code--there is only one version of the source, with different compile time options selected. The HIL hex used in the MP is just compiled with the HIL option selected in the APM_Config.h file.
so I would need to load the older version of the code using arduino and slect the HIL option in the config.h file.
I too had the exact same problem as you with the RC link freezing when I connect the Mission Planner to X-Plane. Did loading HIL v2.5 fix your problem? Any updates as to the cause of this issue?
I have since cleared the eprom and reloaded v2.6 using Mission Planner ver 1.2.3, 1.0mav and it works to a point. I have full manual control, but stabilse mode doesn't hold the plane in a straight and level flight path, it slowly rolls over, and there is no GPS connection so the google maps pages are static.
I haven't tried rolling back to V2.5 yet, but when I had it loaded before it worked really well.
I had that same problem too with no position on the google maps and with the unstable "stabilize" mode. I was using v2.6/MP v1.2.9/1.0mav. By reversing the the pitch and roll in Mission Planner I was finally able to get the aircraft to enter a gently climbing turn in stabilize mode. Not perfect, but better. Then after uninstalling and reinstalling Mission Planner and resetting all the IP and Port settings back to the recommended settings from the Wiki manual I was able to get the GPS connection to work and display the aircraft location on the Mission Planner google maps. Unfortunately though now it has the original problem you had of locking the RC controller when its synced up to X-Plane. Sorry, not any real answers, but if I come up with any I post them.
Has anybody else had simulation issues using V2.6??
Just wanted to post an update with what seems to be a solution to our problem. I was finally able to get Mission Planner to work with X-Plane. (Thanks to some of the information here and help from my brother who programs for a living.) Using MP 1.2.3 and Arduplane v2.5. We used ardunio to modify and then upload v2.5 to the board. Below is a screen shot of the code we modified and what we did. After that everything worked as it was supposed to. This same process may work using v2.6. I may try that fix later on.
Great that you've got it all resolved.
I've only just got mine sorted this afternoon, I have been making the rather schoolboy error of copying the whole of the Ardupilot folder into the Arduino sketchbook rather than just the APM and libraries files which are inside the folder.
As soon as I did this and reloaded v2.5 then made the appropriate entries in the config.h file it loaded no problem, and in fact I've even managed to get X-planes working on my desktop and have the mission planner running on my laptop along side it. Its great watching the plane fly between the waypoints on the planner google earth map whilst it is flying over the same scenery on X-planes.
It's very impressive and a credit to the developers, thank you all.
aoded v2.5 with the HIL and