Well this took me a while, I've been too busy travelling to complete in time.
Some of You may remember my earlier post:
As mentioned - it's all in one board that contains the following:
- 3 axis gyro
- 3 axis accelerometer
- 3 axis magnetic sensor
- orientation sensor for calibration and in flight corrections
- 2 pressure sensor (one for altitud and the other for air speed measurement)
- moisture and temperature sensor
- 10 Hz GPS
- contactless current sensor
- optically isolated PWM inputs and outputs (5 inputs and 8 outputs), with additional one non-isolated input and 4 non isoated outputs
- 10 16bit analog or digital inputs outputs
- I2C, SPI and CAN communication ports
- miro SD card for data logging
- SEPIC power supply that will maintain device operation down to 1 V remaining on the battery
All of it is controlled by TI's 32 bit DSP (TMS320F28335) with float support. This is a real power engine capabe of 150 MMACS!
I've been sucessfully working on programing it directly from Matlab / Simulink - this has dramatically improved code development eliminating hard coding of all routines.
All comes in a neat 2.2 by 2 inch package with weight of just under 0.4 oz (12 grams with no servo headers)!
There are two other version being currently build and tested as well - one intended for quad copters (no headers just I2C ad CAN) and the other with an integrated GSM module (Telit's GE865 module).
If some of You would like to contribute to the development of this module You are welcome - it turns out working on a project of that scale alone is just beyond my abilities and time commitment, so I would welcome some of You to contribute! Please feel free to contact me!
By the way I will be making other posts very shortly about other exciting projects I've been working on so keep watching!