Note: This video is available in 1080p. Use it!
I finally have an update on the object tracking software I started back in these two posts:
Here is whats new:
1. Added support for the Pololu Maestro USB Servo Controller (Thanks Chuck!)
2. Added tunable PID controller that takes the X/Y error and converts it into an output for the USB servo controller
1. Add zoom (this will be tricky)
2. Add option to select either 360 degree servo or regular fixed position servo
3. Test outdoors with real tripod mounted gimbal
4. Polish up the UI and provide a beta copy to you guys!
It is coming along nicely! I am really happy with the software so far. As soon as I have a field test I will post another video. Also, I am still planning on integrating it into the mission planner. Time has been scarce (it always is).
Anything you would like to see? Just leave a comment.