I finally completed "AUTOTUNE" and "AUTOTRIM" activities on my Ranger, after fixing a self-induced configuration mistake. Once "AUTOTUNE" was completed, FBWA mode flights were stable and responsive, ready to test an "AUTO" mode mission next. Once "AUTOTRIM" was complete I ended up with a nice "MANUAL" mode trim and stable flying characteristics.
Final PID's from "AUTOTUNE"
Note: The initial problems with the Ranger being underpowered were most likely caused by my selection of a 3S battery pack. I then replaced the motor, followed by changing the battery pack to 4S. I have not switched back to the original motor, but I think the 4S pack and the original motor would also provide good flight characteristics. (and saved me $$'s)