I'm making a stabilization system for a helicopter, hehehe, another one...
First of all i want to show my hardware:
- ArtTech Falcon 3D
Rotor Diameter: 24.8"
Tail Rotor Diameter: 5.98"
Weight: 19.5 oz.
Servos: 4 9g servos
Transmitter: 6 channel 72MHz
Receiver: 6 channel dual conversion
Battery: 3S 1300mAhr 10C LiPo
Motor: Brushless B20/10T
ESC: 18A Brushless
- The great Arduino as Avionics
- IMU 6DOF Razor ( http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9431
- Small arduino shield build by me, just with the purpose of holding and connecting the razor to the arduino.
- DCM modified by Automatik, 10x a lot man!!! ( i had made some modifications, for making the arduino control servos for pitch and roll)
- LabView VI made by Automatik, 10x again man!! ( with a little bit of modifications )
What have i done so far:
- I've had a lot of problems with vibration!!!! its the thing that had stop everything!!!
- We try several configurations, with foam, and other stuff.
- The configuration that work the best, its a base with rubbers and velcro, a little hard to explain in english, so ill just paste a picture....
In this picture, the heli is showing the base, and you can see the rubbers.
You can see the shield and the arduino, mounted inside the landing gear.
You can see the usb port, its on the back of the heli.
I just uploaded a video, with the first test with the rubbers and velcro, sorry, its in spanish, because it was for my faculty advisor, hehehehe
In the next pics you can see the problems i had with the excesive vibration produced by the helicopter, and this issue make the stabilization impossible!!!! Because the angles are completly crazy!!!
This test was conducted with the DCM filter and half throttle.
This test was conducted with the kalman filter and half throttle.
What do i want right now??
In this moment i just want to focus on stabilization, and mainly in pitch and roll, i will not take care of yaw...
Any help, comment will be greatly appreciated!!!
10x a lot!!