Hello to All,
I have done successfully the first test flight of the Quad Rotor Observer (QRO) v4 with a new costless flight controller board V7 which uses a Atmega 168 and 3 piezo gyroscopes (NEC CG-L43). This is a personnal variant of on the KKmulticopter board widely spread on the web. I am really surprised by the stability and the flight enveloppe of this quadcopter Vs the simplicity of the firmware code (Occam's razor principle...) and the low cost of the electronic material used here in this design...
- personnal flight controller v7 with Atmega168 and 3 piezo gyro CG-L43 based on the KKmulticopter board
- firmware Quadcontroller v4.5 by Rolf R Bakke
- 4 brushless motors DualSky XM2822CA 1450KV 7A
- Lipo battery 3S (11.1V) 1500 mAh
- receiver Corona CR6D 2.4 Ghz
More technical infos at: http://diydrones.com/profile/JeanLouisNaudin