In the last few months I have been working to develop an advanced tracking antenna for my new CGS. Unfortunately I haven't got no more time to finish this project, so I decided to release it Free to the community....
Basic Mechanics feature:
• 24dBi High gain dish antenna
• 9° Horizontal –vertical beam
• 360° Endless pan - 180° Tilt
• 0,006° Pan Resolution ( microstep mode)
• 0,05° Tilt Resolution (microstep mode)
• High torque speed stepper motors
• Precise bearings ad belts, for smoother operation.
• 2D construction (no need of 3 axis cnc)
• Cheap alloy-pvc-fiberglass
• Car roof mounting
• 7kg weight
Basic electronics feature:
• Integrated processor for standalone operation
• Single usb connection
• Integrated Serial usb converter for datalink
• Dual precise stepper drivers, low noise
• AHRS for stabilize the antenna
• 10Hz GPS
• Electronic tilt compensated Compass
• Internal lipo battery
The Electronics is almost done, just need to be checked again ( is the first PCB I develop).
In attachment a ZIP with all the files inside.
Unfortunately as you see on this post, my written English is very bad! I will try to give an help (as best I can) to answer to all the questions.