3D printed frame

Hi guys!

I´m just planning to build my fist drone and I would love to design and print the frame in my 3d printer (using regular PLA)

What do you think about that? How are your experiences with 3d printed frames?? Any size of frame that could work or might not?? Any sugestions?? is PLA a good material or should i change it??

Thanks!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's awesome.

Have started using Ardupilot with the apm 2, and over the years been upgrading to apm2,5, and then Pixhawks. I have Pixhawks in, one Bormatec Maja 2,4 meters, a mini talon. both planes, in multirotors, have had them in quads, hexas and that X8 and now a Traditional heli, got them all to fly autonomously. Only installed a naza on that X8 because it would make it more desirable to a potential buyer, And it's cheaper.

Highly recommended. For that X8 it flew perfect the only  thing that some would find unusual is the diferent pid tuning in pitch and roll because the frame is shorter and wider.

• Thanks Miguel!

Nice job with that drone! How was you'r experience with the pixhawnk controller??

• Hi,

I've Design and printed a X8 coaxial, using regular PLA for the center and CNC aluminium arms. It flew originally With a Pixhawk, that was re purposed, and now flyes with a naza v2, because I at one point wanted to sell it.

I would say it performs flawlessly apart from the gimbal i chose, that it's terrible.

5 Pictures, hope it assures you.3702346380?profile=original3702346664?profile=original3702346391?profile=original3702346669?profile=original3702346754?profile=original 

This reply was deleted.

Activity