3DR Solo Lightware Range Finder

I am attempting to get a Lightware sf10/a rangefinder working on my 3dr solo. For the basic setup i have been following this guide http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-lightware-sf10-lidar.html

When I hook everything up to a standard pixhawk and follow those instructions, everything works fine, but when I hook up to my 3dr solo, i get a "bad LiDAR Health message and my sonarrange and sonarvoltage are both 0. 

To hook up to my solo I have an "Accessory Breakout Board" as shown in the development guide https://dev.3dr.com/hardware-accessorybay.html

I am hooking my yellow wire up to ser2_TX and orange wire up to ser2_RX, power and ground also connected to breakout board. 

my settings for the solo are as follows.

• SERIAL2_PROTOCOL=9
  • SERIAL2_BAUD=19200
  • RNGFND_TYPE=8 (LightWareSerial)
  • RNGFND_SCALING=1
  • RNGFND_MIN_CM=5
  • RNGFND_MAX_CM=2500
  • RNGFND_GNDCLEAR=10

Does anyone seen anything I am doing wrong, or have any debug ideas for me? really trying to get this working soon.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Solved the problem, I apparently was supposed to hook my tx line to my rx port and visa-versa... woops. everything works now. :)

• @John carff - I know that Philip of PixHawk II fame has successfully got his SF10 to run on the Solo. Maybe PM him and see if there were any particular tricks. Without knowing how you've set things up you could check that the serial port baud rate in the laser has been set to 19200 (main menu item) and you could also try running the laser in continuous update mode through the USB interface (U, Y, use SPACE to get to main menu, arrow right, change serial port mode to continuous, ESC to start running). I've seen this trick work on some versions of the PH software.

FYI we're looking at offering a Solo add-on laser altimeter as a separate product line. This will plug-and-play into the accessory bay and has stunning range performance ;). It hasn't passed our Gate2 development milestone yet so no promises about when or even if it will be released.

3702228778?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity