3DR w/ APM 2.5 Connection Issues

I have everything plugged in correctly and I am able to load the 3DR radio settings for both remote and local in the configuration tab of mission planner. When I try to connect via MavLink using the 3DR it fails to load parameters from the APM. I am not plugged in over USB, the only connection between the APM and my PC is through the 3DR.

More specifically these are the messages i'm seeing:

Connecting Mavlink popup gets stuck on "Getting Params... (sysid1 compid1)" eventually resulting in a "Connect Failed". The message says that "1231 Packets were received, but no parameter packets where received"

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have the same problem. Brand new APM2.5 and 3DR radio pair. Someone doesn't know how to spell "were"...

• I also have a similar issue with APM 2.5  stating "No HeatBeat Packets Received".  However I was successful with a connection, then without changing any settings and trying to reconnect, I'm back to the same problem.  

• I got it guys. Turns out that the TX pin on the 3DR board didn't actually get soldered. The solder wasn't inside the hole, its so small i couldn't tell, so the TX pin was never actually connected to the 3DR board. Which makes since because I was able to connect to the APM and recieve the telemetry it was sending while I was connecting, but when MP requested parameters it never sent them back because the APM board wasn't receiving that request.  Thanks for the help, I hope this can be of help to others as well.

• Gentleman

using the APM1 with 3DR radios, same problem! Can read 33 packages but no param packets where received

Kindly ask for help

many thanks

b.r.

Wolfgang

• please let me know if you fixed the problem with your radio . I have the same issue. maybe because i upload firmware , I dont know why i dit it. ater that have same problem like you.

thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity