450 Mounting Positions - Lot of Pics

Since my heli was grounded, I had a lot of bench time in the last few days.  Let's show the progression of where I have it mounted.  

My original design:

APM-3DR.jpg

My daughter said that it looked too "wirey".  I kinda agree. 

Few crashes later, took them all apart.

TakeApart.jpg

Trying out mounting it under the heli using the APM1 mounting plates.  It looks super clean.  I really like it.

APMunderHeli.jpg

But there are not enough clearance between the 2 mounting plates to give the APM2 some proper anti-vibration paddings.  The heli was quite uncontrollable... and crashed.

So, back to the first design, but this time, I make the bottom plate bigger.  Later, I can make some sort of cover for the board and sit on this bottom plate.

APMnewMount.jpg

As you can see, there are quite a bit of space on both sides to mount a cover on it.

APMonNewMount.jpg

There are 2 modifications over my original design. Foam pad directly stick to the APM board to avoid any standing wave between the 4 corner screws/standoffs.  Added a heavy copper plate under the APM2.  It should decrease the vibes on the APM greatly.  

APMonNewMount2.jpg

Now I look at it, I should have completely replace the middle blank PCB with a copper plate and have the APM2 mount directly on it with the standoffs.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Rob.

If you want any help with some machined parts I would be happy to give you some quotes.

www.machineshopireland.com

Thanks

Tom

• I worked on mine last night, but I'm basically machining up a custom APM2 mount/anti-rotation bracket.  Screwed it up though, and have to try again. :(

This reply was deleted.

Activity