I have just bought the ArduPilot Mega 2560 Full Kit... plus the Triple Axis Magnetometer HMC5883L. I should have it built over the weekend.. then i'm off to a my mates machine shop, and i'll make the splitter plate for the lower frame onto which i am going to fit the Ardupilot. the magnetometer i'll put on the tail as suggested. I am going to use my X-cell Razor 600E. For those that dont know its around the 50 size nitro heli.

Do i need to buy any other sensors i.e. the Sonar... i can fly a helicopter all day long but this is my first time flying one with stabilisation so any tips would be gratefully appreciated.

If this works well then i am going to try and use it on my x-cell gasser. i can get up to 20 minute flights with this. But i think for the time being a battery 600 is the way to go.

i'll post some pictures when i have it all together.

Setup Instructions

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• is there anyway to reverse the gyro outputs, i have the board installed with pin headers towards the rear of the helicopter.

The swash is as follows 

1p -60

2p 60

3p 180

all the controls work as they should and the artificial Horizin moves correctly in flightmode.

But when i roll or pitch the heli the swash moves with the roll or pitch rather than against.

anyhelp would be appreciated.

Edit: ok for anyone in the same boat, i just reversed all the servo's in mission planner and then did the same with pitch, roll and elevator in the transmitter....

• i'm off round martins house tonight, top guy, hopefully we will find out if its me or the board thats at fault, no doubt it will be me, but it will be good to know.

I want to get the heli in the air this weekend.

thanks for all your help martin!! :)
  • Awesome Malcolm!!

Im just going to have one or two flights with the APM2.2 code and then Im going to whip the apm out and pop it into my heli. Your video is looking promising.

• I realiSe that randy. I just couldn't get the modes switch to work, I may have done something wrong. I'm working at the moment but will try with the arduino programmer when I get home.
  • Hi Malcolm
    Sound good. I also have a JR Voyager 260 GSR that I want to put an APM on. I battled quite a bit to get it to even work like a normal heli. I was trying Arducopter NG and Ardu priates. There was just too much fiddling and codes adjustments to get it working.
    I must still try the Arducopter 2.0 code to see how well it works.

Keep us posted on your project.

regards
    John
This reply was deleted.

Activity