eSky PPM Transmitter Trainer Port Decoding

Hello everybody again,While this isn't specifically for an actual UAV, I still need some help and it does kinda have to do w/ making a UAV(sure....)I have a eSKY Transmitter for my new Heli and I want to wire up a joystick to the transmitter instead of using the transmitter's sticks. I have the joystick and obviously the transmitter I just don't know how to use the trainer port. The trainer port seems to be a mini din and the transmitter is supposedly PCM. I have absolutely no idea how to replicate PCM code using say the parallax propeller.Any suggestions?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Harrison,

The trainer port usually uses PPM coding. Do a search in google you will find a lot of link that explain what this signal looks like.

Basically it's a line that has a series of pulse. Each pulse represent the position of one servo. The pulse length of each servo varies from 1ms (servo at one end of travel) to 2ms (servo at the other end). This pulse train is repeated every 20ms or so.

Have a look at this image: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/index.php/Image:RC_Receiver_Timing_Di...

You will need to recreate the signal on the first line.

Do a search on google, you will find alot of information on PPM signals and trainer port.

This page has alot of info regarding the pinouts of several transmitter.

Hope that helps!

-yvest
This reply was deleted.

Activity