Battery help

I ordered a battery to run two 6-volt DC motors with the parallax HB-25.The problem is, the battery connectors come in this plastic case in which I can't solder.

I could always cut and strip the wires, but unfortunately the battery charger connector uses a plastic connector, so if I cut the wires I wouldnt be able to charge it.The battery came with an extra female/female connector (female on both ends), the battery itself has a female connector, and the charger connector is male.What should I do?On a side note, the battery wires are considerably thicker than my 22-gauge wire. Does that matter at all?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am new to this and plan on ordering a Aerobird 3 to learn how to fly before getting into more ambitious projects. Are the standard batteries for the Aerobird ok, or should I look into buying some better ones - can other ones even be used with this model?

Thanks!
  • Thanks Chris, that should work.

Does it matter that the wires I am using to solder between the Parallax board and battery are significantly thinner than the battery wires?
  • 3D Robotics
    So you've got three female connectors and one male. It sound to me like you need to do the following:

1) Cut off all the connectors
    2) Solder the male on the battery
    3) Solder a female to the power cable to your Parallax board
    4) Solder another female to your charger.

Does that work?
This reply was deleted.

Activity