Suitable trainer for UAV conversion?

Hey everyone!I've been lurking for a while now, and I'm finally taking the plunge. However I'm coming at this from the wrong angle - programming/electronics experience with no flight experience at all :/There's a local flying club which I'm going to visit tomorrow, get some pointers and have a chat with the guys. I suspect they'll talk me into buying a trainer aircraft, and the web site says they have friendly instructors who can help me get to grips with the basics :)I'd like to tinker with the UAV side of flying as soon as possible, and on a limited budget I wondered if I could merge the UAV and trainer projects into one.Has anyone successfully converted a good trainer aircraft?I really had my heart on the GeoCrawler #5 with Predator airframe, but perhaps it should wait until I can actually fly!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Multiplex EasyGlider now looks like a good deal if U want to focus on the autopilot part & not on building the airframe.
  • 3D Robotics
    GeoCrawlers 1-4 are all converted trainers, especially the Electristar in Geocrawler 1. If you want to go for an even more docile trainer, which is a smidge bigger than that and has lots of room for electronics: http://towerhobbies.com/products/hobbico/hcaa09.html
This reply was deleted.

Activity