Receiver channel doesn't work?

Not surprisingly, something goes horribly wrong when I haven't changed anything.After finally getting R/C integration with my basic stamp to work, four days later when I haven't touched anything, both my continuous rotation servo and one of my receiver channels stop working at the same time.I don't know if the two malfunctions are related (the servo is not directly connected to the receiver, , but I guess I will have to order another servo.As for the channel, I noticed I was getting a '0' for the PULSIN value. I verified that channel 1 wasn't working by hooking my working servo directly to channel 1. It did not work on channel 1 but it did work on channel 2. The disfunctional servo does not work on either.So my question is, what could cause a busted channel, and what do you guys suggest I do?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yea..

For now I can use a different channel but it still is a cause for concern. Hopefully whatever caused it to go bad won't happen again.

Is a receiver channel going bad really unusual? I don't fly r/c but I've never heard of something like this happening.
  • Ehh..

The servo ports are regulated at 5volts, correct?

My servo controller is powered by the battery that came with the receiver(4.8V, 250 mAH)

My receiver is powered through the servo port, which is powered by a 7.2V nihm battery.

Channel 5 is what's receiving the power, not channel 1, so that confuses me. That, and the servo and the dead channel are powered separately.

I hooked the channels to the I/O pin by snipping off the black/red wires of the servo extension cable too, if that matters. So the only wire hooked to channel 1 is the signal wire.

edit: Btw, the white signal wire on my busted servo is slightly melted, looks like a soldering iron did it. I don't think the wire is exposed, but do you think it's worth trying to snip off that part and solder a working connector to see if that's help?
  • 3D Robotics
    That's a weird one. You got a dead servo and a dead Rx channel at the same time? If so, it sounds like a power surge or short killed them both, although I have to say I've made every mistake in the book with reversed wires and the like and have never killed either. You are using no more than 5v throughout your setup, from BS2 to Rx, right?

-c
This reply was deleted.

Activity