Hi Guys,I am starting small by first trying to display live data to a 2 X 16 Serial LCD and the debug window. I am copying, pasting and editing code to try and achieve this. So far I have learnt a lot! I am using a BS2Px and a EB-85A GPS receiver.Below is a sample of the strings that my GPS module is outputting.$GPGGA,044717.600,3748.4903,S,14513.5369,E,1,5,1.61,139.2,M,-3.6,M,,*59(Now that you know where I live you can send your UAV to take a picture of my house!)If you look at the attached photo you can see that the string and the info displayed from the BS2 don't match up?I think I might have a serial connection setup wrong somewhere. I have included in the circuit a 22K resistor to the serial in as described in the BS2 Help file.If any one has any ideas please help as I have been trying this for hours!Thanks in advance!Scott

screen shot.JPG

GPS_LCD EB85A.bs2

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics
    That's really odd. Can you upload a screenshot of your BS2 debug terminal showing raw NMEA and parsed sentences-c? That will reveal if there's a serial problem.

SERIN [pin],[baud],[WAIT("$GPGGA"),SPSTR 65]

should do it, once you replace pin and baud with the right figures for your setup.

-c
This reply was deleted.

Activity