New aircraft

Hi allI thought I would post a pick of my new aircraft. It is a pheonix models rainbow artf with a 63" wingspan. I had previously built a black horse liberty 182 but since that decide to roll on takeoff at about 5ft there wasn't much left after the crash so I had to buy a replacement. At the same time it damaged quite a lot of the kit fitted internally as well so I have spent the last 3 months slowly fixing and putting things back the way they should although I am going to have to buy some replacement parts as well.The aircraft is going to be fitted with a axi 2820/08 and four blade prop for power and rcap 2 with althold and zlog4 along with a em406 gps unit and wps since the gps unit(my mobile phone) was destroyed when the aircraft hit the ground and I dont want to take that chance again.It is also going to be fitted with a 2.4 ghz rangevideo camera for live video downloads along with a 5mp camera for still photos on a gyro stabilized platform. At some point I am hopefully going to be able to fly it through some googles with headtracking and a PCTx so I can use my computer joystick.It's going to be fitted with a few other things like a collision avoidance package that I have kind of came up with but it needs a program writing for it which brings me to this question.Which is the best program to write the software in?I can write in c as I have vb c++6 and visual c++ 2008. Everything seems to be in basic and when I had a look at it it doesn't seem that differant for c although I am no programmer and I am still learning.So thats that. In the coming weeks/months I will post up progress reports until I crash it again and then starting over again.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics
    Hi Ryan,

Could you take another crack at posting those photos? They just came through as URLs...
This reply was deleted.

Activity