Simulation of Helicopters

Hey everyone,Next semester, a friend and I will be working on an autonomous helicopter for a research project at school. We're both undergrads at Olin College.We're most worried about setting up a good simulation of our aircraft before we test our autonomous control, as the flight platform we'll be using will be expensive (by student standards!). What are people doing to simulate their control algorithms?We've looked into using Flight Gear, but I can't find a comprehensive tutorial, and I have only figured out how to pass position data in, not control surface data. I also have been unable to figure out how to get data out to plug back into our control algorithms.If anyone has experience using a simulator to test their control algorithms, please let us know what you did!Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Way to go Greg! I'm "the friend" that Greg will be working with next semester. The other thing that we're interested in getting is "perfect" sensor data from the simulator, as that will allow us to focus on getting the thing flying reliably before we have to worry too much about filtering.

Thanks everybody!
This reply was deleted.

Activity