first time quadcopter project

Hello, first of all I would just like to say I am completely new to all of this flying business! I am a university student studying robotics and wish to built an autonomous quad copter/drone (not sure what there supposed to be called) for my final year project. I’ve researched a bit and decided to use Scorpion HK2208-34 brushless outrunners on a 5"x3" propeller. I’ve been told each motor will generate approx 450g thrust, so with four I will have a max load of 1400g (using 25% margin). I am also using four ESC and a 2100mAh 3S LiPo battery. I am not sure if this set up would work as I have no experience so I am open to suggestions.Anyway that’s my set up, the main aim of my project is to just get the drone hovering with a feedback system that will allow the drone to stabilize its self when knocked or in cross winds. The feed back system is for a dissertation on root locus, dampening ect (that’s the boring bit). I hope to take the project much further in my own time developing a navigation system to allow it to navigate itself around objects and follow objects ect.As my first task is to stabilize the drone I am looking for any advice on stabilization setups and systems. I have considered using gyroscopes so far but have not found much information. I am going to use basic stamp to program my drone as I have heard that a lot of people have used it in the past and I am familiar with the programming.I hope people will be able to give me some advice and I now I have joined this site I will keep everyone who is interested updated on my project and my research. I am starting to design my drone this week and hopefully get it drawn on pro engineer and get it cut out on the laser cutting machine.Thanks for reading and all advise is welcomeRyan

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Activity