I see that 2.0.6 has just gone up plus a new version of the APM Planner.

BE CAREFUL!  Perhaps I made a mistake but this is what happened to me:

1.  Loaded new version of APM Planner.

2.  Loaded new version of firmware (which has a new look).  At one point it asked me whether my quad was 'x' or 'p'.  I have never used the letter 'p' before (always '+') but I assumed this is what it stood for.

3.  I then went through the full setup process.

4.  I then test flew it and I got violent instability when attempting to take off.  This was consistent with not having set the frame type correctly (i.e. setting a '-' as a '+')

5.  I checked the settings and although I had specified a '+' quad it was showing it as an 'x'.

6.  I then used the terminal to set it as a '+' but still got violent oscillations when I tried to take off.

Like I say, I may have made a mistake but I wanted to post this quickly in case it really is a code problem and someone breaks their quad.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm having the same problem. I couldnt fly with ArduCopterMega 2 yet because it wont take off ( it crashes ).
    I'm using the current code from svn.
    I erase eeprom, calibrate RC, calibrate level set + mode, compass off and sonar off.
    The GPS doesnt synchronise here.
    After arming the motors, when I put some throttle it starts to shake on floor ( not flying ).
    First motor 1 and 2 go to command 1400 while motors 3 and 4 stay at 1000. ( for example )
    1 second later, motors 3 and 4 go to command 1400 while motors 1 and 2 go back to 1000 and it stays changing.
    I've monitored the sensors but they look fine. No idea where is the problem, could somebody help me? Thanks.
  • Just loaded the 206 with the new MP.

Its getting worse and worse.

Now I'm not even able to get it flying let alone lift off.

If I use the default PID's it just turns in right circles on the groundandcan't lift off.

When I use my pids from the 202 code which were quite good it wobbles heavy. Again without lifting up.

I know the teamis working hard to solve some bugs but forme personnaly I can't even start to fly.

Any suggestions? 

• Yes, the problem seems to be that if you set the system to be a '+' and then reboot, then the APM has 'forgotten' the setting.  If you have an 'x' quad then you should be okay :-)
This reply was deleted.

Activity