i really need someone to help me get an autopilot working from your guys code. I feel like the only guy using windoze ;).If we can, can we use a NMEA GPS (i have a GM-11 USB) and same parallax servo controller. Programming inst' my strongest point. I would rather learn by observation and be taught that fumble around with the code myself.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics
    I wish I could help on that one, but I paid a contractor to write the Windows Mobile autopilot and couldn't begin to explain the code myself. Also, it was not designed to be a general purpose autopilot--the only reason we used WM was to get access to the communications, camera and internal GPS of a phone--all the stabilization functions are handled by the FMA Co-Pilot. In short, if what you've got is just a single-board computer, our code is a poor place to start--it's really only meant for phones. Better to write something from scratch.

At some point I'll pay a contractor to update the cellphone autopilot to WM 7/Symbian/Android or whatever other modern mobile phone OS I decide is worth betting on. But it's a multi-thousand-dollar job, and although I'm willing to give a lot to my pet project of putting UAV code in the public domain, there are limits.

My own technical skills are limited to embedded processors, such as Arduino, where the projects are of more manageable size. Happy to help there.
  • 3D Robotics
    Agreed. This community is all about fumbling around with code! (and PCBs, and airframes, and chips, and ....)

If you'd rather focus on cameras or sensors, why not buy an off-the-shelf autopilot and put your computer to work running the payload instead?
  • Observing someone writing code is probably not going to help much, actually I would be quite surprised if you learned anything. I would think the best way to learn would be to figure out how the hardware works and fumble around with the code. It's going to take a lot longer and will require more work from you but you will gain much more in the end.
This reply was deleted.

Activity