New to drones - what do i need?

Hi everyone , i'm from italy and come from my rc heli and pc passion.i'm php ,javascript and much other codes developer. not c c++ and i have 2 electric helicopters. One 4ch fixed pitch and one 6ch 3d.lol and 2 picooz ;o)now i would try to update one of this rc helicopters to autonomous or build a DF-X6 "like" uav.but i get confused.first i think i need only a gps and altimeter.but i'm very wrong.it looks like there are much sensors.1.accelerometer2.gps3.altimeter4.infrared sensors5.ultrasonic sensor6.imu7.pressure???and more (pls tell me what other sensors are aviable).and if i have this sensors it's autonomous but there's no fun without a camera to control all from pc with osd.so i need a camera with wireles transmitter with long range.and i here i go more confused.is there a good camera witch has very long range...or better is ther e a av/rc transmitter like (wifi/900mhz) that can be used to control the heli, get video/audio stream and the values from sensors?and now what do i need to put all together to get it work?is arduino a board to connect this sensors and rc/av trasmitter to make all work together?are there other better boards?and as i have the eeepc whitch is not so heavy.can i use the eepc as my board by connecting the sensors directly to the internal of the pc controlling it with wifi?regarding the code.what code is needed to develope this boards?are there precompiled codes for autopiloting rc helicopters/and 3propeller drones like DF-X6.and last question DF-X6 like drones consume probably less than a rc heli so it flys more with normal battery, but my question is assuming we got the smallest board and sensors and all in carbon so very light can it be powered by solar cells or just increase the flytime?...mh , and are this gyro same as the rc heli gyro?ok these are only questions.probaly i have not enough money to build one.but i like this autonomous things.and if i can help as i said i'm developer of much web codes. work with grfics good and 3d in sketchup.thank you very much,and sorry for my bad english .Cocco

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics
    Those are lots of questions, many of which you can answer by spending more time on this site and searching and reading the information here. A good starting point is ArduCopter, which will give you a sense of what's required.
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Monday
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…