After i was dissapointed by FV-M8, i m thinking to buy EM-406 GPS module.Before bying it i m interested about it;s performace at very low speeds.I m aware that this module has a frequency update of 1Hz.Please if anyone had tested the performance of this receiver to let me know.I m interested if the lat/long/altitude indications are changing instantly (after 1 sec) when you are moving the GPS by hand for 1 meter in horizontal or in vertical only direction.. this is critical for my UAV quadrotor for altitude holdling and retain in position (just hover) . I dont care if it will be moving in a 10 meters area cause of innaccuracy. I care to have instant indications that my position changed.I have as reference an old (2.5 years) cheap, bluetooth receiver which i m using it with my smartphone. When i move this receiver for 1 meter or even centimeters i see the indication changing on the screen of my smartphone even in vertical only direction. I m not expecting accuracy but to see variances.Also if you have to suggest me other intergraded module for this hovering - low speed application (with antenna on board and prefferably at 5Vdc, and UART) please let me know.Thank you in advance.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics
    I've datalogged a few minutes of an EM406 that's stationary (see attached file). For the last minute, I moved the module vertically up and down by one meter. Let me know if that answers your question.

GPSLOG01.TXT

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3691906308?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity