Tilt a FMA Thermopile Sensor for Aircraft Control???

Hello,i am just starting with my first UAV-Foam-Flyer these days.Here is a idea i had:The FMA Co-Pilot seems to be a popular way of stabilizing pitch and roll axis.My idea is to use the sensor for aircraft pitch controll too.If i tilt the sensor by (eg.) 2deg. during flight with a servo, the plane should go in a 2deg climb/descent.In that way i could control the planes attitude with the remote control, OR a autopilot. i don`t drive the elevator itself.If i control airspeed with a sensor (gps, air-pressure-probe) i should have a more direct control of the AC-altitude, as just with power alone.Has anybody experiences with that??P.S.: a tilting fma-sensor could also be used to estimate the planes bank and pitch angle.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just made a raw sketch of my idea.

plan.png

• 3D Robotics
    You mean tilt the FMA sensor with the autopilot? (You can already override the FMA co-pilot with RC, so if you want to move the elevator manually while under co-pilot control you can).

I guess I'm still a little unclear about what you're trying to achieve. Is it that you're uncomfortable using throttle for altitude control under autopilot?
This reply was deleted.

Activity