Wireless video

I want to connect a camera (not sure which one) using the composite out on the camera to a radio system and monitor the video on the ground, having the camera recording whilst this is happening. What radio system should I get and is there a way of monitoring the connection on a PC?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So I couldn't make my own...Is there a common way of veiwing a camera feed live? I was thinking the Archos 605Wifi but its a bit expensive any ideas?
  • So what would I need to get for an overlay on a video feed on the ground?
  • T3
    If you want really good video I suggest you look at capturing the video with a recorder in the aircraft as well as on the ground. There are plenty of small dvr devices out there that use memory cards that are small enough to be flown. Just run a Google search for mini dvr recorder.
  • Also, how would you make an OSD (on ground) using the arduino and is it possible?
  • I have found a Composite to USB converter but I am not sure whether you can view it live on screen?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001918NLC/ref=olp_product_detai...
  • What capture thing do you recommend? also thanks for the RangeVideo pointer, I think I will buy one!!
  • Yeah, or a stills camera in video mode (like the way the X6 monitors the stills camera view finder).
  • 3D Robotics
    Any RangeVideo or BlackWidowAV system will work. You monitor the video on the ground with a video capture card on your laptop.

By camera, I assume you mean video camera, yes?
This reply was deleted.

Activity