Admin

PCTx and Spektrum DX6i

I am presently using a Hitec Laser 6 and a PCTx with my UGVs, but need more range. I am considering the Spektrum DX6i, but no one seems to know if the DX6i will work with the PCTx. The older DX6 and the DX7 are both known to work with the PCTx. I have contacted Spektrum about the trainer port on the DX6i in relation to the trainer port on the DX6, but have yet to receive a response. Has anyone got the PCTx working with the DX6i? Regards, TCIII

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There is no possible way to break the chip in the v1.3 and v1.4 PCXts, right?
  • Yes I realised I might have to mod the Tx when I get it which I am not looking forward to. I always have bad luck with brand new stuff! Thanks again TCIII I noticed you posted your results on Endurance RC's forum which will help out a lot of people with the same questions!
  • Sorry ignore that Trainer mode part as I just realised you mentioned holding down the trainer switch to the on position. Is there any way of fixing it in the on position?
  • TCIII,

That is awesome news! you should contact endurance-rc to let them know of the compatability although I am concerned about not having to put the Tx in trainer mode becuase I heard this can damage the Tx or the chip in the PCTx. I might email Spektrum and ask them about this or if the Tx has some sort of inbuilt system to detect the trainer port being used and automaticallys switches to Trainer mode. I just dont want to order a PCTx to the UK and have it fried moments after lol

Thank a lot for you reply!

Kamal
  • Admin
    Kamal,

You did not waste your money buying the DX6i as I was able to get the PCTx to talk to the DX6i trainer port using ServoCommander and my mouse as an input.

Using the mouse in the Y axis, I was able to get a test servo hooked to the BR6000 receiver elevator output to move as I moved the mouse vertically up and down.

As far as I can tell there is no trainer mode in the setup list. All I did was turn on the receiver, then the transmitter and make sure that they linked and that I was able to control the test servo with the elevator/rudder joystick on the right side of the transmitter (Mode 2).

Then I initialized the ServoCommander GUI for all nine servos and set up the mouse as the input device after plugging in the PCTx and getting the green connected block indication. If the PCTx is not initially seen by ServoCommander, unplug it and plug it back in and it should be seen by ServoCommander.

From there I verified that I could move the test servo by moving the mouse up and down vertically while holding the trainer switch in the on position.

I am presently using a mono plug from the PCTx to connect to the trainer port.

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    TCIII
  • TCIII,

Yes make sure you're in Trainer mode before connecting to the PCTx and I havent recieved my DX6i yet so im not sure if the switch remains in a fixed position or if you have to hold it? I'm holding my breath tho I know that!
    Let me know if you used the mono or stereo plug in the end. Looking forward to your response tonight!

Kamal
  • Admin
    Kamal,

I have been busy around the house so the PCTx/DX6i project has taken a little longer to complete than I anticipated.

I got the BR6000 receiver to bind to the DX6i transmitter last night and tried my test servo on several channels with good results.

Tonight I will hook the PCTx to my development PC and then attach it to the trainer port to see if Servocommander can talk to the DX6i. I believe that I have to enable the trainer function in the setup menu and also hold down the trainer switch while commanding the transmitter with the PC.

Regards,
    TCIII
  • TCIII,

Thanks for your reply and I'm glad to see that once you have the female binding plug we will finally know if it works or not. I'm gonna wait til you test it out so please keep me posted and look forward to your next reply!

If it does work, my next task is to write a Matlab program in Simulink to map my X45 joystick axis and buttons to the PCTx rather than using servo commander.

Kamal
  • TCIII,

Has anyone actually got it working with the DX6i and mono cable or is this all based on Spektrum saying that it will excep PPM like the DX6/7?

I just want to double check before I commit to buying it and having it shipped from states to UK (another $50). and I guess the mono cable is the way to go?
  • Hello, Yes I too wanted to find this out and according to Endurance-rc, they have not yet come across a customer who has used it with the PCTx and so they do not know if it will work. Could you let me know what Spektrum say as I really want to get one for my DX6i
This reply was deleted.

Activity