100KM

Will build UAVs for food

not quit that bad but of course R&D is always the first on the chopping block . personally I've been temporarily laid of from peak aviation . luckily with Boeing in my back yard i will be going back to making parts for airliners I'm sure . still cool stuff but i love uavs as I'm sure everyone else here does.has anyone else here feeling the effects? if so how do you see the future of uavs being effected by the current melt down?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We have a lot of chubby fish that still need frying.
  • The stuff people get paid to do can't be as advanced as what they can do on their own. Companies have to stay with main stream trends.
  • I know it's not quite the same but some of you may have noticed that the Australian dollar has fallen against the greenback. We were enjoying for quite some time around US$0.95 to AU$1 and now in the last two months it has fallen to US$0.77 to AU$1 around a 20% drop. Unfortunately that means everything I order from the US Sparkfun, Digikey, hobbycity etc just got 20% more expensive. It's not a disaster yet but the increase in cost is significant.
  • 100KM
    ok here is the short list , i will also have a resume tonight if anyone wants it, send me a massage and i will send it to you
    - cnc and manual lathe and mill both operating and programing
    - CAD/CAM including solid works and mastercam
    - Cloud cap auto pilot integration
    - some manual flight experience using the cloud cap AP (very difficult given large delay in the manual control loop)
    - 15 + missions as system controller and payload operator
    - ability to use CFD software to predict aircraft performance using tools like X-foil ,AVL , FXLR5
    - custom UAV airframe fabrication and designe from small electrics to 1/2 scale gassers using both wood and composite
    - ISCET associate level certified electronics technician
    - completing AAS in electronics through Cleavland institute of electronics
    - 12 + years metal fabrication and welding
    - working amateur auto pilot ( see my BasicX AP blog)
    - 8 years R/C hobbyist including large scale gas and gliders
    thank you
    Wayne
  • T3
    Hi Wayne.

Sorry to hear you are between jobs. I am sure it will work out for you and if the sUAS Arc come through maybe there will be plenty of work in the civilian sector for all of us.
  • 3D Robotics
    Sorry to hear that, Wayne. Can you list your main UAV skills? Perhaps someone here has some contract work they need done.
This reply was deleted.

Activity