Wiki Ninja

Hey all!,

I would like to ask anyone here if somebody has successfully used a 900mhz FPV system on an APM-equipped Skywalker or any other plane. I had my SW with APM for a while and it flew great on manual, stabilized and RTL. I don't have any Xbee module on it, just the Mediatek GPS and magnetometer attached and I use my DX7 and AR7000 2.4G system. When I installed a Readymade RC 900mhz FPV camera and transmitter on the SW, everything was great on the bench. But when I started to fly it LOS with the FPV powered, it nose- dived from 200 feet to the ground on full throttle. I didn't have full control of the plane when it began to dive. Chris has said that it cannot be attributed to interference of the GPS signal  unless he's seen the log. After the crash, I inspected and reapply the firmware to my APM so I believe crash log may have been erased. Anyway, my question is, has anyone here succesfully flew their APM planes with 900mz FPV system, without any untoward incident attributed to interferences? Can anyone share their knowledge on this kind of setup? Any best practices on APM with FPV set up? I believe that we cannot really maximize the full potential of the APM if we cannot mount a wireless video system on a plane with it. Thank you for your input!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have a 900Mhz/2W for video sitting on my desk.  As soon as my ADM is ready, the FPV gear will get on.

I used to use a 5Ghz/500mw but it didn't go far at all. We'll see how this one go.

• Sorry for late answer, I have my FPV with a 900Mhz/500 mW for video downlink and Dx6i 2.4 for uplink, Works fine for me. I di dtest both the AR6001 Spektrum receiver and Oraange 2.4 receiver, not interference so far. My fly range was max 500m. I also have a GPS/OSD and seems to work OK. What was your range when you did crash? I did NOT try with APM or any other sensor yet.

For 900Mhz, be sure to use a low band filter for 900. For telemetry I did order the XRF , not yet tested. from http://shop.ciseco.co.uk/xrf-wireless-rf-radio-uart-rs232-serial-da...

• Wiki Ninja

Anyone?

This reply was deleted.

Activity