Another variation on Mode Change

I have found a nice Article on construction of a Mode Change Switch utilizing an atmega328p-au at -

http://hobby.msdatabase.ru/project-updates/theresultsofoursurvey/modesw

Just push a button to change from one mode to another.

It is in Russian Text but well detailed with Code and Photos.

If you use Firefox, get the add-on - Google Translator for Firefox it will render a good translation.

I wonder why only 5 Modes. Can anyone tell me if there is a Limitation ??

If anyone decides to make this I would be interested in purchasing a unit for my own use.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• As soon as I get a basic circuit done and a first try at the Arduino sketch worked out I'll post it up for y'all. Hopefully in no more than a week or so. I'll make sure to comment the heck out of the code to make it easy to follow. It should be anyway, because even though I've been coding a long time, I'm a rank newcomer to the Arduino and don't yet know all the fancy tricks! :-)

• For Joe Frazier

Hi Joe

Don't you think for the small increase in cost 5 or 6 Push Switches are better.

In an emergency having to push a switch a number of times might be trouble.

GREAT idea on the calibration.

• I did this 6 months ago.  I built an entire Tx from scratch, in a box, with 6 mode buttons. It's the best way to control modes.

• Sounds good, Joe. I'll appreciate.

I'm really interested, but I haven't electronic expertise to do it myself.

With the code, I can help you.

• The only limitation I see is the number of output pins available on the micro. Also, the more output states you want the finer the absolute control of the output needs to be to insure correct selection of desired mode.

This is a really nice idea and I applaud the inventor. That's not going to stop me from developing one using an Arduino Pro Mini, though! :-) You can get those babies from Sparkfun for $10 each. That way no custom PC board is required.

I'll keep you all posted.

• Me too...

If anyone decides to make this I would be interested in purchasing a unit for my own use.

This reply was deleted.

Activity