AC2 Crash Log

This my 3rd crash with similar way, dipping.... out of no reason. I am currently flying Y6 AC2 2.0.48. with GPS and Magneto.

My previous 2 crashes was with earlier code. My 2nd crashes happened even after i solder the connection between esc and motor. After the second crash I change most of the esc signal connectors. After that it seems ok till the 4th flight. That is when I crash the third time. I even mount the quad for test previously but nothing happens.

BTW I hv been using Arducopter for a year.

Attached is my flight logs. Hope someone can help me to identify the problem. If possible provide some guide on what to look for so that i can troubleshoot myself in future.

Log: LimAC2_log.zip

Thanks a million

Lim

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Update: As per today, no crash. I am glad. The only change i made was to short all negative terminal from ESC and connect it to the APM output channel negative terminal.

• Can you provide feedback when you have tested this out, so we get a clarification on this issue:)

• I am using jdrones 30amp. In the power connection board from jdrones all signal ground are connected with battery and esc's supply power ground together. I do not now if this is not good ?

• Yes I  mean connecting all ESC signal ground together, I forgot to say in the last reply :)

• Hi

You say you have bec directly on the RC pin, I had done the same with external bec, it led to esc's not had a good grounding. It seems that there is not common ground between the esc's main power and singnal grounding at the esc

This is issue is solved with using pcb or make all the signal ground from esc's together common with battery minus in another way

• T3

have you been using these motors for that whole year, or are these motors new to you? I had a very similar problem with low quality motors, upping the timing on the esc helped, but did not solve the problem entirely. hyperion ZS series motors did fix it however. maybe you can swap the motors for something else and see if the problem persists? 

• Crash happens during Stabilize mode, and . Normal flight. It is like 1 minutes into flight.

I am using RC-Timer BC3536-1 750kv motor (40A) with new bearings, Mystery Blue series 40A Esc, Calibrated.

Additional heatsink to reduce esc heating.

All log enabled.

Did some stress test with copter mounted. No problem. Did 3 flights without problem.

4th flight, which is right after the 3rd flight, the crash happens.

Using UBEC to power the APM thru RC pin.

• 3D Robotics

Can you tell us more? What mode were you in, any common factors, any description of what went wrong, etc? 

Did one motor just stop, or something else? It's too hard for me to scan through your whole log without more info about what I'm supposed to be looking for. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity