AC3.2.1 APM 2.5 Throttle pulsates in Loiter

Hi.

I have a problem after updating AC to 3.2.1 from 3.1.5.

When in Loiter, the the speed of the motors rev up and down/pulsate quite rapidly. This was working fine when I was using previous versions of arducopter.

I have downloaded the logs, and have looked into accX, accY and accZ. These seems to be inside the range specified in the wiki at arducopter. (Log_vibrations.bin)

Please have a look at the Log.bin, and note the difference between ThrIn and ThrOut when I'm in Loiter mode.

Anyone having any idea what the problem may be?

Log.bin

Log_Vibration.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A general remark. Perhaps the parameter INAV_TC_Z time constant which influences the weight of the baro and acceleration values in the mixing process . I had some better alt hold behaviour with the APM by changing this value.

• I reported a similar occurrence with motor pulsation which I mentioned back on September 5th in the ArduCopter 3.2 beta testing thread (http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/arducopter-3-2-beta-testing?comme...).  Thought that I had the problem solved, but I am again experiencing motor pulsations.

• My most recent logs from the same frame mentioned in the post linked above...have tried several different methods to reduce vibes, including different props and mounting methods...All flights are with most recent firmware 3.2.1 and all flights exhibit motor pulsing in AltHold/PosHld modes.

2015-04-07 18-51-11.log

2015-04-07 10-26-14.log

2015-04-07 17-03-20.log

• Very high vibs too. looks here http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-diagnosing-problems-using-l...

3702692865?profile=original

• Ya, I know :)  BTW, this is with APM 2.5 hardware and not PixHawk

I'm just trying to make the point that 3.2.1 must be more sensitive to vibrations as 3.1.5 was able to handle the same frame fine in AtlHld and Loiter modes, as mentioned several times in this thread.

In the mean time, I have ordered the following in an attempt to lower my vibes as nothing else thus far has helped: http://rctimer.com/product-1017.html

AVDome Protection AntiVibration Dome with CN06 Plus
          RCTimer - the world's, No1 Online Hobby Store. We stock a huge selection of RC products from Planes right through to Quadcopters and all accessories.…
          • I think that first, you have to try to lower your vibs as much as possible in your ship, Is like if you don't balance your weels on your car and use a comfort dampening seat, you are going to drive comfortable some time but your car continue vibrating a lot and in short time your chasis it's going to have fissures and cracks on the hole car except your seat; little motor bearings shorten a lot their life with umbalance motor-props, frame bolts loosen, and I see aluminium motor mounts cracked too in copters with good dampening systems

Here my vibs with only doble sided tape

3702838451?profile=original 

• Does that means you don't have problems described in this tread? 

• I had this problem in my first build, not in the second one.

• What was the difference between first and second build? What did you change to get better result?

• the first cuad I didn't know nothing (soldering include)
                    I build the second cuad 2 years later before reading tons pages of Randy and others posts, many times the instructions and another forums too and I was in the start line when I build the second one and better harware too.
                    As Rahp says, I think too that lower kv motors have less or different vibs than high ones, that's another difference too in my two cuads, one 460kv and the other 950kv (the first)

This reply was deleted.

Activity