Hi.
I have a problem after updating AC to 3.2.1 from 3.1.5.
When in Loiter, the the speed of the motors rev up and down/pulsate quite rapidly. This was working fine when I was using previous versions of arducopter.
I have downloaded the logs, and have looked into accX, accY and accZ. These seems to be inside the range specified in the wiki at arducopter. (Log_vibrations.bin)
Please have a look at the Log.bin, and note the difference between ThrIn and ThrOut when I'm in Loiter mode.
Anyone having any idea what the problem may be?
Replies
Well, then it's a good time to become one ;)
I only have APM, that it can be great for me too but I suppose that developers have to dedicate their time for the new better hardware to progress, only another hobbist that likes can do that, we only can ask for dev team to fix an issue if we can demostrate that really is an issue code.
FWIW here's my theory. I have little proof, my understanding of the codebase is sketchy (and I am more than happy to be proved wrong - just wanted to put this out there in case it helps anyone) and I have no way of testing as I have a pixhawk, but it fits the facts:
- A code change was made in 3.2.1 to the MPU6K driver so that filtering was no longer being applied with default settings
- The filtering is designed to smooth the output of the sensor to reduce the effect of vibrations
- Ergo the only people affected are those who use the MPU6K driver (i.e. APM users) on 3.2.1 and also have some vibrations
If I had an APM I would probably try and build 3.2.1 with some of the subsequent changes to 3.3 (where the code came from) to see if that resolved things, but easier is just to set the INS parameter...
It is important though not to debug firmware with new bugs :)
I'd copied all settings from 3.1.5 and checked which one doesn't work.
But I wouldn't expect firmware to be fixed too soon, because 3DR just launched Solo sales, so all efforts will be concentrated on debug in that direction.
It is painful to admit, but we are "freeloader" users :) Copter dinosaurs :)
There would be no 3DR if it wasn't for the early adopters of this platform. ;-)
Was the default 20Mhz? Just to be sure...
Yes, 20Hz. That's what it looks like in both the code and the README
I remember that on APM there was recommendation to add a Cap on one of the channels to reduce VCC spikes.
Any recommendations or process on the Pixhawk ?
Hi Tsahi
The power supply issues are supposed to be solved. However I notice the APM 2.7 has a 150uf filter cap. If you look in the log at VCC you see a lot of spikes. I have added a 2200uf 16volt cap across the 5.3 volt output in the APM power bec and covered it with heat shrink. I then looked in the log again and noticed a marked decrease of spikes so I believe its worth the effort.
Cheers Henny
Hi Henny,
do you know if its also possible / recommended on pixhawk as well ?
-
3
-
4
-
5
-
6
-
7
of 16 Next