AC3.3 TradHeli Release Discussion

WARNING to TradHeli users:

Do not attempt to fly AC3.3 until you hear otherwise from me.  I have not even bench tested it yet, let alone test flown it.  There are quite a lot of changes that have gone in that could be crash-o-matic for helicopters.

AC3.3 release for Tradheli is likely to be delayed.

This post will serve as the official release progress thread for TradHeli.

Warning: DO NOT FLY RC6!  It has a critical bug that will likely end in a crash.

Warning for RC5:

RATE_YAW_FILT_HZ param will change defaults from 5Hz to 20Hz to be more suitable for helicopters.  If you have never changed this parameter from 5 before, then it will automatically update the value to 20 without warning.  This much faster filter will probably require reduction in your P and D terms, and the yaw may oscillate badly.  Be prepared to retune these.  As a safety measure, probably cut them in half for your first take-off.

Warning #2 for RC5:

I accidentally broke the Landing Detector.  It will probably never trigger.  You should land in Stabilize mode, or be prepared to shut down the motor as soon as it touches the ground in Alt_Hold, Loiter, Auto, etc.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I tested the day before yesterday for the first time AC3.3rc6 on My T-rex500, basic flight conditions can also, with rc5 was close, but after the automatic landing, did not disarm the master within a certain time, it had not been able to close the signal output ESC, leading after a few seconds, left-leaning body occurs gradually, the main rotor sweep the ground, I was forced to forcibly close the output ESC, which is open only to allow the aircraft to stop stalling switch power output!

3702576570?profile=original

The attached log, please ignore the larger Vibration

AC3.3rc6 Heli.rar

• Ok, thanks, I'll try to have a look at this.  I did a landing in Loiter last night with RC7, and it worked OK.

One issue, I think is that with 3.2, the system would disarm automatically after about 3-4 seconds on the ground.  Now it will not disarm until 15 seconds.  You have to disarm manually, or just shut the rotor off yourself.

• Is this, 3.3rc6 、rc7 must have to disarm manually, or just shut the rotor off yourself.

However, before cutting off the motor signals, like IMU still adjusting posture, so prone to roll and cause the main rotor to scrape the ground

• Rob, do you have a version of rc5 that has working land detection?
    • Rob, do you have a version of rc5  or rc6 that has working land detection?
      • RC6 should be coming out tomorrow, and the land detector should be working now.  Or at least it should be better.

• AC3.3rc6 Heli T-rex500,Circle mode, still unable to control the height change by throttle stick. after auto landing, or not automatically cut off the power output and Disarmed Pixhawk!

• 3702844621?profile=originalAbout Circle mode, still unable to control the height change by throttle stick.

Randy has confirmed this bug

• I'm just curious - does the land detector work in AC3.2 correctly?

If not - what are the versions that are OK for automatic disarm after LAND command?

• Yes, it does work on 3.2.

It is working better now in 3.3-rc6, but rc6 has another critical bug and should not be flown.

This reply was deleted.

Activity