AC3.3 TradHeli Release Discussion

WARNING to TradHeli users:

Do not attempt to fly AC3.3 until you hear otherwise from me.  I have not even bench tested it yet, let alone test flown it.  There are quite a lot of changes that have gone in that could be crash-o-matic for helicopters.

AC3.3 release for Tradheli is likely to be delayed.

This post will serve as the official release progress thread for TradHeli.

Warning: DO NOT FLY RC6!  It has a critical bug that will likely end in a crash.

Warning for RC5:

RATE_YAW_FILT_HZ param will change defaults from 5Hz to 20Hz to be more suitable for helicopters.  If you have never changed this parameter from 5 before, then it will automatically update the value to 20 without warning.  This much faster filter will probably require reduction in your P and D terms, and the yaw may oscillate badly.  Be prepared to retune these.  As a safety measure, probably cut them in half for your first take-off.

Warning #2 for RC5:

I accidentally broke the Landing Detector.  It will probably never trigger.  You should land in Stabilize mode, or be prepared to shut down the motor as soon as it touches the ground in Alt_Hold, Loiter, Auto, etc.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• mail? I send to you 

• psalience@fastmail.fm
                thanks!

• It has been sent !

• @Fred Goeddert 

Leave your e-mail address

My videos are on youtube.com, you can view my column:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJZjaDp78PKNFgLfDsm1J5A

• I am interested to see a copy of your file. Are you be able to attach it to an e-mail if I give you my address? I have seen your videos with interest.

Having a 500 with APM2.5 and a 700 with Pixhawk - 3.2.1  myself. Just in a process of converting 500 to Pix-hawk.

Thanks

Fred

• ok, thank you.

• iskyview@yahoo.com

Thank you.

• It has been sent !

please pay attention to safety.

• These parameters are not necessarily suitable for your helicopter, because of mechanical installation and commissioning of each helicopter is different, it is recommended that you should pay attention to all aspects of security!

• Thank you, when you say pay attention to safety what do you mean? Is there something that must have to pay attention?

Thank you again.

This reply was deleted.

Activity