Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwr3789j1hkw1j0/Photo%20Apr%2018%2C%2011%...
    Take a look at my r550 screenshot. The skull is in the compass rose. I must have a bad Charset? This is my first go at Arduplane, I'm used to copter. How do I disarm in Arduplane? I turned off my radio to calibrate RSSI and the APM failsafed spinning the prop, chewing up the table and breaking a $20 carbon prop. No blood though. Scared me good. It's not easy to remove the folding prop for bench work.
    Also, I cant get it to switch to panel 2. It quickly flashes back and forth between panels. I've tried rotation switching on and off. All warnings are zeroed out for now. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
  • Warning: Off-Topic!
    Gabor, may I ask which motors you use on your Twinstar. I need to replace mine because they vibrate too much for the APM. (Almost got back on topic again :)
  • Gábor, Miguel and fellows.

I just receive my minimOSD from 3DR, and I need to start.

I have flown planes mainly (Easy Glider Pro and Sky Scout) and I wish start FPV. I have follow this trait from the begining, I know that I need to upload some files to OSD, but I need some advices how to start, from the begining, in order to enter with the good foot. I have also APM 2.0, video TX and RX, Futaba 8 ch. and googles.

Thanks for any help.

Frederico Fernandes.

• MinimOSD Extra Copter 2.3 Pre Release r582.hex Dev Test

Migual, test video uploaded for you.  A few notes and questions added to video, as seen on panel 2.  Regards

• OK I changed mine. Most were at 0 but SR0_Params was at 50??

• I didn't know about this SR0. I found it in the parameters list but which one is it and what should it be set to?

• Oi Miguel, I don't think the problem is minimosd at all in this case. What happens is I plug in my APM battery and video battery, sometimes mavlink doesn't start by itself. I have xbee900 and minim and I have disconnected the Tx line is not connected to the minimosd but is connected to the xbee. Most of the times it works fine but sometimes when I change APM battery between flights, the mavlink data doesn't seem to start streaming so OSD shows 0 values. Sometimes I have to disconnect the mission planner and reconnect for it to kickstart mavlink.

Do you think it's a problem with my cabling? Should the Tx line on the xBee but cut also or just to the minimOSD? This is something I wasn't sure about because the graphic only shows the APM tele port and minim.

DiagramaMinimOSD.jpg

• Another newbie question:)

Looking through the code trying to find some things to cut so I can make some additions, I noticed that the "Font" page apears to be code to write new characters to NVM.  Do we really need that? The seperate OSD Config program does that.

Also on the "OSD_Config_Func" page.  The writesettings() function does not seem to be nesscessary as the OSD Config program does that also.

I commented all of the above out, compiled, and updated firmware.  OSD seems to be working fine.

What have I missed that will come back to haunt me?

• You guys have done an amazing job with this.  I am trying to understand the code to make some changes for myself.

On the print commands I do not understand this part of the statement: "%c%5.0f%c"

osd.printf("%c%5.0f%c",0xE6, (double)(osd_alt * converth), high);

Would someone please educate me?

• I see there are brightness levels in the CT. Can the brightness of the characters be adjusted over time in code? I was thinking it could be a better looking way to notice things like if you are armed or not. The flight mode if armed would slowly brighten and dim. I type of soft alert.

This reply was deleted.

Activity