Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Please forgive me in advance for asking this question as i see references everywhere for how to update the character set on the minimosd describing the need to 'power the video side of the board' but i haven't seen an actual picture of video of just where to plug things in.  I've uploaded a video of the steps i've tried about 20 times now but still no luck.  Please help me determine what i'm doing wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqDCFqIBD5E

Thanks

• I just got minim OSD (moved up from a remzibi + hazy's mod), but I have this strange brightness hunting issue.
    The brightness of te video feed is pulsing from bright to dark once every other second. It looks like the video is flickering.

When I bypass the OSD the flickering is gone. What am I doing wrong?
    I soldered the pads of the OSD so I could power both sides from the APM,+12V is not connected of course.
    Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C7auecLp68

• Can someone tell me why some of the labels on my osd are funky?  I'm using:

Config tool 2.3.2 pre release

2.3.2 char set (I flashed it while connected to 12v on the OSD)

MinimOSD-Extra_Copter_Pre-release_2.4_r719 firmware.

Here is a screenshot of my config tool and here is a photo of the OSD on the monitor.  Some of the labels are different, and cover some of the data.

3692915857?profile=original

3692915915?profile=original

• Happy new year my friends! :)

• I had a problem with my quad losing GPS for a short moment but then minimosd continued to report NO GPS FIX.

http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5318&p=8098...

Any idea what could be happening? I enclosed a TLog in the thread above.

• I have an issue with the following configuration and was hoping that someone might have a suggestion:

a. CT Tools Extra 2.3.0.8 pre-release r676

b. Coptor pre-release 2.4_r682.hex

c. minimOSD_2.3.0.8.mcm from CT tool directory

minumOSD feed from APM2.5 running Arducopter 3.1

The issue is that some of the icons do not appear.  I have no icons for throttle, current, voltage, lat/lon.  All the other icons show up (I did need to check the sign option box to get the HA and MSL icons to appear). The rest of the display appears to be working including the armed/disarmed icon.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Adrian

• is anyone using a slim version of a charset?  Smaller font or slimed down characters?  If so, can I also use it?

it's for the plane version..

thanks

• Hi Gábor or anyone else contributing to this awesome project.  

I have checked out the minimOSD Extras project link and have started reading this discussion but haven't gotten thru the 250+ pages yet so forgive me if this question in redundant.  Has this team/project looked at sending data (telemetry) embedded within the video (using VBI or some other means) to the ground for use at the groundstation?  If there has already been a decision to place that outside of the scope of this project please let me know the reason why (like not enough memory on the minimosd or something).  If it has not been consider as part of the scope I would still like to know as I see that this team/project is poised to bring a well needed feature/capability to the APM world. 

My name is Chad and I would like to get involve making telemetry over video (for an APM based setup) a reality as I cannot find a suitable, readily available solution out there.

• So I am having a problem getting my minimosd working with my APM 2.6 / version 3.1.  I can get the minimum osd working with the config tool if I send it a tlog file, so I know the minimosd is OK.  However when I hook it up to the APM I just get the splash screen 'MinimOSD Extra 2.2 Copte(cut off)'.  

I am currently just powering the APM from the output side with one ESC as I am waiting for my power module in the mail.  There is no JP1.  It just seems like the APM is not sending any data.  I've verified my connections with a multimeter from the APM to the OSD, and I have put in the parameters as per the wiki (Both SR3 and SR0 parameters).  I'm just not sure how to test if the APM is sending data or not.  

Any ideas how I can fix this issue?

• Hi All,

Has there been any issues running Minimum OSD on APM plane 2.76? I ask as I have just gone back to having a live feed from my aircraft (the last time i used the osd was on 2.74) and i cant get it to get data out of the APM.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

This reply was deleted.

Activity