Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Miguel,

I made a LOT of progress. Lookting at some of your messages to other people about the SR1_EXT_STAT, I looked at my Pixhawk and noticed that SR2 (for Telemetry 2) does NOT have a SR2_EXT_STAT setting.

So I decided to try an experiment. I disconnected my 3DR Radio from the Telemetry 1 port on the PixHawk, and connected the MinimumOSD using the Telemetry 1 port, instead of the Telemetry 2 port. Now I'm getting output data on the Minimum OSD! It seems to be working! :)

So it appears that the changes made to generate the 'Extra' versions of the minimumOSD are not compatible with the Telemetry2 port on the PixHawk.

I probably could use a 'Y' cable between the 3DR radio and the MinimumOSD using the Extra firmware by connecting to the Telemetry1 port.

Note that unless I read the documentation wrong, on the Pixhawk, they tell you to connect the MinimumOSD to the telemetry 2 port.

Would it be possible to debug this and get the 'Extra' firmware to work with the PixHawk on the Telemetry 2 port instead of the telemetry 1 port?

Thanks for your help!

• Here is my osd config file.

osd_config_rich.osd

• Hi Rich,

Last night I tried AC3.2 with APM and I can confirm that I still have live data on osd (using the latest copter pre-release r791).

The most strange thing is that you reported that it is working 2.0

Could you save your osd conifg to a file and post it here so I could try it with your settings?

Miguel

• Here is the correct attachment. I forgot to update the character set in the previous one (which I deleted).

IMG_20140527_140102_321.jpg

• I'll add some info. If I change my firmware to 'MiniumOSD_20.hex' along with using 'Config_OSD_20' and it's 'OSD_Charset.mcm', it seems to work OK with ArduCopter 3.2-rc1 firmware on my PixHawk.

So I'm guessing that the MinimumOSD Extra firmware has some sort of problem with the PixHawx 3.2-rc1 firmware.

• In the r780 the position of the trip distance cannot be saved. By the way, How to search the particular thread on this forum?

• Guys,

I have problem with updating the charset...:

"charset uploading - charset upload failed (no response)"

I have get this error message when trying to update the charset.

I have tried with feeding the digital side with 5V, with 12V...got the same error...

FW: MinimOSD-Extra_Copter_Pre-release_2.4_r789

I have modified the MinimOSD_2.4.0.1.mcm file, and tried to update that.

In the configurator it has shown fine, but I can't update to the OSD... :(

Any idea?

• Never mind, the latest FW you CAN NOT update the charset! Need to downgrade to 2.2, make the update, and flash the latest FW then!

• Hi Bulcsú,

Sorry about the late reply. Lot of work here :(

Latest copter version (r789) should work fine uploading charset. Using also latest CT Tool (r788).

Latest plane version (r780) isn't able to upload charset. That's because we removed this feature to allow new features. So, in plane version, you indeed need to "downgrade" to upload charset and then "upgrade" version.

We're working in a way to upload charset in a different way.

Miguel

• I tried using the new Autotune mode via the transmitter however the MOSD doesn't change the mode to Autotune. I used to have it set for Man, FBWA and  RTL. I switched the FBWA to Autotune in MP. I thought the MOSD would follow suit but it didn't. I must be missing something. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven

This reply was deleted.

Activity