Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Never mind I found it.....right next to the flight mode indicator.

Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Could someone tell me where the new arm/disarm icon is located or what it looks like?

I read somewhere a few pages back about someone liking how the new disarm/armed indicator looks.

I don't see any indication of when the copter is disarmed/armed. I am using the latest CT, FW, Cset

Thanks

• Miguel, I am using the latest versions CT, FW, Charset (copter) and everything is working well......except a dash that shows but shouldn't show as part of the horizon indicator.

Please note the attached pic. This "dash" is to the right and a little lower of the horizon indicator.

It appears in all 3 of my minimOSD boards with the latest versions and also with the previous FW.

Is it a glitch somewhere in the code? Thanks

OSD dash problem.jpeg

• This has been answered on page 293!

The horizontal dash indicates the distance to the ground when landing.
      • I understand.

Thanks, I missed that post.

• Hi Miguel,

I continue to have the same problem. I have reset & reloaded plane firmware, and also tripple checked I have the sr1 & sr0 set as per this page 

https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/wiki/APM

If I lose telemetry, things seem OK until I come back in range, and tries to reconnect. When it tries to reconnect  I no longer receive updates (freezes) on the OSD for Voltage, alt, GPS info, home direction & altitude - however the battery MAH counts up, and so does the timer. Only way to get the info back is to restart the APM totally, which is not an option in the air ;p.

How can I get around this? Is it something to do with how the OSD is getting mavlink data? I really am out of idea on this - i would really, really appreciate any input. 

specs are the same as the previous post:

using a 3DR minimosd with the 5v bridged, running MinimOSD-Extra_Plane_Pre-release_2.4_r719.hex. The minimOSD is using the Y connection with my RFD900 radio, to connect to the APM.

APM 2.6+ external mag/GPS Plane firmware 2.78b

• Hi Raph,

I'm sure it's nothing to do with osd because it just keeps listening to the data that is sent from APM.

Could you check the sr parameters after that "link lost/link reconnected"?

It seems that somehow telemetry radio is changing the data rates either by making direct requests, changing sr parameters or maybe changing telemetry baudrate. I'm not sure why it is happening :S

Miguel

• Thank you Miguel - I will check. I recently upgraded to the new SiK 1.9 firmware available through mission planner for telemetry. I hope this is not the problem..

If this is being changed, is there any way to override and not allow it? Is there any sort of logging I can provide to you to help further identify this issue? sorry to be a pain!

• Hi Raph,

No problem.

If I recall well I also have SiK 1.9 version.

I'll check my radio telem config settings in MP asap.

Miguel

• Hi Miguel,

Thank you. I am using Plane firmware - from my understanding I do not need to change the SR0 params. I did it anyways, but it looks like when I disconnect/reconnect, the SR0 params go back to what you see here:

3702821463?profile=original

Is that OK? 

This reply was deleted.

Activity