Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello from Germany,

I got minimosd extra to work on my osd with ver r788, panel switching and so on. But I am scared with the options left in CT 2.4.0 of choosing which channel to read the rssi pwm. There is only ch8 left, which is already used by apm plane for flight mode switch. Can I tell the OSD to read i.e. ch7 to have rssi pwm like the earlier versions did? Or can I tell the apm to use another channel than ch8 for flight mode switch?

Best regards

• its not Version r788, its r780

sorry

• got a solution for that. told the apm to have ch7 for flight modes so ch8 can be rssi. but another Problem appears right after. Got issues with the display from raw to percent... charset is 2.4.mcm. I got error messages updating the charset delivered with the CT r788.

• Guys could you point me to the proper direction how to change/edit the charset in the minimosd? I would replace the 3D arrow and as far I know that arrow is in the charset.

Many thanks,

Bulesz

• Hi all,

Have been working whole day to get MinimOSD working, and it does now (all most recent FW's installed). It seems my (clone) board needs some 'warm-up time', so initially I though it was broke. Found out that the panel switching channel doesnt work if you're inside (no GPS lock) and have the option enabled to display panel 1 if there's a warning - solved.

What I cant figure out is the display of the flight modes, they are not synchrone with my APM/quad/tx. I can hardly find any info online, except one remark which said my flight mode channel should not exceed 1750 (pwm). Is this the way forward? Any tips on how to approach that? Limit/scale tx output? (my max flight mode channel currently has 2000+ in MP radio calibration screen).

Thanks for the support and another great little piece of hard- and software!

• Do you mean that you know eg your kopter is in Loiter mode but the OSD displays stabilize or something else? Do you have an Android tablet with Droidplanner2 installed to compare?
      • Solved. Shame on me, the issue WAS with Tx/APM/MP, not with OSD.

• Hi Splinter,

Great to know it's working (that flight mode "delay" was puzzling me :) )

If you could please post some videos ;)

Miguel

• :) I will once I have a DVR ;)

• I'm having a rather strange problem and so far I haven't been able to find a solution. I don't think it has something to do with the Extra-FW but maybe someone here can help me.

If I don't connect the video input of my MiniOSD I see "No Mavlink Data" on a black screen. Normal because the 3DR radio is not receiving data from my Pixhawk.

If I connect the MiniOSD to my GoPro directly by an AV cable the message "No Mavlink Data" is superimposed over the video. So far so good.

But if I get a signal from my Immersion diversity VRx the whole OSD is not visible anymore, only the video from my GoPro, so no more msg that the data is not received.

So depending if the video signal comes directly from the camera or over the air VTx/VRx my OSD is visible or not.

Any ideas?

This reply was deleted.

Activity