Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I read on other forums about people having exactly the same problem, but they had a mix of NTSC and PAL settings and HW. Already tried to no avail.

• A simple resistor of 150 Ohm (internal terminator R of 75 Ohm should already be in the Vin circuit) in series with the Vin signal wire makes the signal drop enough and the OSD overlay shows stable over the video image. Any value lower than 150 Ohm makes the overlay flicker and higher values attenuate too much.

• Excellent post, thanks! I was given a RunCam Sky beta release that has similar issues with signal levels and minimOSD; the OSD overlay is too dim. I will try a pot to tune it in. If it works, I'll add a matching through hole resistor. I really, really need to get an oscope.

• Sorry for the stupid questions, I'd like to understand this better. Are you powering both ends of the board with 5v or is 5 and 12 okay? I've had trouble with the OSD disappearing, does attenuating the video in solve this? Which board are you using. I have a black board with the main chip parallel (as opposed to 45 degrees) 

• Mine is the version with the chip under 45°, same as here: http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-minim-osd-on-screen-display...

I power the board at the digital side from my Nexus7 and parallel to my 3DR modem with the USB cable (5V), please note that my OSD is at the ground station and not on my kopter. If I don't use my Nexus Droidplanner app I use a USB power bank charger for tablets or phones. The power of the analogue side is 12V (3S LiPo) and same as my VRx.

And yes, a 150 Ohm in series with the Video in signal solved the problem of the disappearing overlay. The video image itself was always visible, only the OSD would not show without the resistor.
            • That helps a lot, I'd tried everything I could think of to solve the problem. It seemed to be somewhat noise related but that would make sense because the electrical noise would spike on the video line making it cut out sooner. Thank you!! 

• Please let me know if it worked for you too!

• Now I'm getting somewhere!

I decided to look at the signals from both sources using a digital scope. Not much difference except the peak to peak voltage of the VRx being a bit higher. So I took some resitors to build a simple voltage divider and ended up with 100/8.2K Ohm. Now the OSD is displaying me the video and OSD overlay!

Still have to look at the best possible values for the divider but the problem seems to be solved.

• I tried with the original FW too, same problem. Please mind that I have my OSD at the groundstation, inbetween my VRx and monitor / goggles.Both cam and OSD are in PAL mode.

• Hi,

There is a new copter version r791.

Changes:

Show 3 more flight modes: flip, auto tune and hybrid

Miguel

MinimOSD-Extra_Copter_Pre-release_2.4_r791.zip

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3701729713?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity